AirArms S410 carbine Bipod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
if you dont want to drill your stock you have 2 options 1 of which wont work.

Option 1, a cheap and nasty clip on plasic bipod that attacheds to the barrel (which in turn flexs the barrel so wont work as it will move the point of impact and lead to a potential bent barrel)

Option 2, a set of shooting sticks as used by deer stalkers. Think of them as long crossed walking sticks lmost like ski poles.

Option 3, a bipod made by bsquare, but requires drilling the stock. Major downside is that the legs aren't s sturdy as they could be (made ofr lightness)

Option 4, and by far the best 1 is a Harris bipod, not cheap and does require dilling the stock. However they are the best there is, short of a pile of sandbags!

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
My rapid 7 is FAC so i have to fill quite often, i did try a bottle clamp for a bipod but it was a pain to remove every time i filled up.
Before i got a suitable QD stud (machine screw type) i just used a small back pack to rest my rifle on for longer shots, better than off hand but not as steady as a bipod.
I'd take the plunge and fit a QD stud to the S410 or have a gunsmith do it if your not confident to do it yourself.
A set of QD studs let you use a sling and a bipod which are very handy for hunting.
If your not hunting then maybe consider using a rifle rest, you can get various rests from cheap nylon bags that you fill with rice up to more expensive adjustable rests with suede bags.

Harris clone on an S410
Picture073.jpg

Rapid on a cheap caldwell bag
424_2459_1a.jpg

You can just make out an adjustable metal rest with a leathr bag under this S410
447_4797_1.jpg

I have 2 studs up front on this CZ so my sling is further away from the Harris clone.
IMG_6150.jpg

Genuine Harris on a target stocked Rapid
363_6339a_1.jpg

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
God I love the knowledge on this site thanks everyone. I think I will get one fitted that’s the

best option for me. It’s a lovely gun and I would hate to mess it up.

Just don’t tell the Mrs :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Theres one other way, cheap as chips and won't damage your stock.
When I started bunny bashing, I used a short-extending fishing rod rest with a moulded rubber "U" on top, just stuck it into the ground - adjusted the length - and waited for Mr Coney!

Good Luck

Ogri the trog

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I have the S410TDR, it comes pre-fitted with an accessory rail, I don't know whether the carbine is the same, if it is Harris make a plate with a QD stud on it that fits.

I have a Harris on the TDR (and have therefore run out of excuses for inaccuracy).

leon-1

Still looking for suggestions to fit a sling to the TDR (with Harris). Is it necessary to drill the stock ?

Just wondering why you wanted to fit a sling to a TDR, they aren't heavy like the prosport, bipods I can understand.

The only thing I could suggest is that you use a QD attachment on the front running of the Harris or a second QD plate on the accessory rail and have a loop config that fits around the tube at the rear of the stock.

May 14, 2007
West Yorks
If your gun has a swivel stud, there is an item called the Stoney Point Rapid Pivot which attaches. It's available here, at a huge premium, or at Cabela's. It is clipped on and off, and is well liked by my shooting pals. Hope this helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE