air rifle recommendation?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joneszee

Nov 26, 2005
Swansea
Your right, the TX200 has a great reputation and is proven technology. The Umarex is a nice gun, really light with its synthetic stock and 8 shots to boot. A good resource for all sorts of guns try www.guntrader.co.uk.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
TX200 is a cracking piece of kit.
I had an SR years ago and i wish i still had it.
As accurate as a PCP without the hassle of a tank.

B

brasst

there is an increasing number of makers supplying rifles in .20 cal. which is a compromise between .177 & .22

pellets are heavier than 177 but lighter than 22

trajectory is not as flat as 177 but flatter than 22

as for prometheus pellets ive never heard of the plastic building up on the rifling as the zinc head engages with the rifling logically any plastic is removed by the following pellet. possible source of this rumour IMO could be from firing them in a high power FAC rated rifle where the pressure and frictional heat could possibly soften the plastic skirt but following pellet rule would still apply.

also my advice would be to go to as many airgun shops as possible and find a rifle that FEELS right everyone is different and just because a rifle costs £1000 it doesnt mean that you can put pellet after pellet in a 1" circle at 40 yds. but a reasonably cheap rifle that feels right to you may,

BSA and webley have been in the gunmaking business for years and BSA barrels are well renowned as being accurate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE