Air rifle hunting in Cumbria

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, like a number of others who use this site I'm often on the lookout for places to hunt with my air rifle that don't require the semi-feudal cap-in-hand approach to a local landowner.
I think I've now found it!
A couple of week ago I spent two very enjoyable sessions with my air rifle hunting pigeons in a wood in Cumbria. After an introduction the night before & being given a tour of the woods I then went back at dawn for my first session. The woods are a great place to greet a new day with plenty of wildlife & the possibility of seeing Roe deer (the main business is Deer Stalking), plenty of pigeon although I spooked them before I could get a shot off! Back to the hut for Kelly Kettle tea & then back to Fisherground Campsite for a snooze. Returned to the woods later for a dusk session, again plenty of birds but no shots as they roost in the conifers due to the birch being bare in mid March!
Will I be back?
You bet 'ya!
I found them to be very professional, reasonably priced (£20 per session) & it was great to be left to my own devices with an air rifle in a beautiful piece of Cumbrian woodland.
If this is something you may be looking for, check them out at

http://stalkingandshooting.co.uk/?Lindow_Estates

Usual disclaimer, no connection just a happy customer!
(Hi Tony, if this is the wrong forum would you please move it for me, thanks)
:D

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice one mate. Glad you got a shoot for yourself.

Pigeons are a sit and wait bird. You cannot stalk them. You may get the lucky shot or two but nothing useful generally. Get there before they do on an evening. I'd be there at 3 or 4 oclock at this time of year. Get setup in a hide or a bush and wait. Get there well before sun up for the morning shoots.

They also turn invisible at will :D. Well at least thats my twisted take on it. I have spent many a frustrated hour scanning the branches of trees in the winter with no leaves on looking for the birds i saw enter it. No matter how hard i looked i couldn't see them until i gave up and revealed my position and then more than i thought flew off only yards from me. They just ain't there until they move. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE