afternoons canoeing... only a few pics

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We went for a brief canoe trip from just below Drymen at the bridge, to Balmaha, on Loch Lomond.

The river was pretty full, but not fast, a great trip down easy paddling, nice lunch on the way... about 12km in total, (but only 6km as the crow flies)

canoe_OCT6.jpg

canoe_OCT4.jpg

canoe_OCT3.jpg

canoe_OCT8.jpg

canoe_OCT7.jpg

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Done that a few years back, although windy, it's a really scenic trip. We did it june and saw lots of sand martins, are they away ?

I did the River Leven yesterday, Loch Lomond down to the sea at Dumbarton. Lovely wee trip, very fast current. One wave...

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Hello, at the bridge the water was moving quickly, but not fast, above the bridge there were some rapids areas, but we were not doing that. after the bridge it was a slow moving meander, you're largely protected from the wind by the banks, it was an easy paddle down, and a chance to practice strokes etc. At the entrance to the Loch it was a longer straight section with some wind, but nothing serious, and the Loch was only slightly ruffled, we stuck near the shore going up to Balmaha. I think if the river is lower there are a lot more sand/shingle banks and it may be a bit faster in some places.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE