After a decent tent for less than £150.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Zammo said:
I've came accross this U.S site selling the Vaude Taurus II for the rediculously cheap price of £96. I'm not sure how much there'll charge for P&P, but i'm more worried about what extras i'll be charged trying to import it, apparently the greedy taxman has got wise to the fact that the $ is so weak compared to the £ and is now adding on VAT (or some form of tax) to purchases from the U.S, has anyone purchased anything from the U.S recently and came across this or has any other advice?

Thanks

I wrote this in answer to another thread:

"I recently purchased an RCBS reloading scale and powder dispenser from Sinclair in the US for $350 including our VAT. In the most recent “Bushwear catalogue, free with the BDS journal, they are asking £399 without P&P!!
P—s takers or what!"

Cheers

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Klenchblaize said:
I wrote this in answer to another thread:

"I recently purchased an RCBS reloading scale and powder dispenser from Sinclair in the US for $350 including our VAT. In the most recent “Bushwear catalogue, free with the BDS journal, they are asking £399 without P&P!!
P—s takers or what!"

Cheers

Did you have to any import duty on it, or did you get it for the price you quoted?

Thanks for the link Scanker, i'll probably use them as it will save the fear of getting a taxed in some form importing.

Aug 9, 2005
Klenchblaize said:
Checkout this thread as "Pablo" has the answer in the "Vaude Ferret 1":

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=14924&highlight=choose+tent

Cheers

I have a Vaude Ferret and it's excellent. It's a snap to put up and shrugs off even ther most filthy weather. It it's lovely weather then the ventilation is great too, and you can roll up a big side door so you can get the fridge and a coupla chairs & tables in too without having to carry them up the stairs and through the narrow front door. So to speak.

At 3 kg it won't have the ultra-lightweighters hopping with glee, but it's a good 'un & no mishtake.

T

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE