Advise Needed on dog walking/shooting jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrbarfly29

Feb 9, 2013
Shropshire
Hi All, in a weeks time i'm looking to buy a new dog walking/shooting oh and Bushcraft :) jacket, the main use for the jacket is 3 1/2 hours+ dog walking a day in all types of weather, i'm looking for something very waterproof and very Breathable, hard wearing with plenty of pockets and have narrowed down the search to 2, it's either going to be the Keela Munro or the Deerhunter Muflon Jacket, they are quite different jackets, i like the look of the deerhunter as i think it's quite a smart looking jacket, whereas the keela reminds me a little of an anorak (i apprciate looks aren't everything), the keela jacket has very good reviews but i can't find any for the deerhunter muflon as it's still quite a new product, i have been wearing a Jack pyke hunters jacket for the last 4 years, a good jacket but sometimes a little too warm, so has anyone got any experience of either jacket? all help and points of view apprciated, many thanks :)

http://www.keela.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/146/s/munro-jacket/category/8/

http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/store/product/15831/Deerhunter-Muflon-Jacket/

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have a Keela Munro, it's a good hard wearing jacket and the reviews are well deserved. It is a very warm jacket however, it's about 7c where I am and just got back from a couple if miles walk wearing it. I was verging on too warm wearing just a t-shirt underneath. Not a bad thing necessarily but if like me you run hot it's something to think about.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Given you mention Bushcraft I'm confused by your assertion that "looks aren't everything" as this couldn't be further from the truth as this site is testimony!

Go with your heart but just make sure it's green please.

Cheers!

K

mrbarfly29

Feb 9, 2013
Shropshire
Thank you for the quick reply, i also run hot and usually just wear a t shirt underneath my jacket, how usefull are the pit zips for ventilation on the munro?

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah they are pretty massive, from the elbow down to the bottom of the ribs pretty much.

mrbarfly29

Feb 9, 2013
Shropshire
it will be green :), my jack pyke is the english oak cammo version so i'm looking for something a little more subtle on the eye when i'm out and about, not sure on how subtle the deerhunter will be though with DEERHUNTER written down the chest in big letters :)

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
it will be green :), my jack pyke is the english oak cammo version so i'm looking for something a little more subtle on the eye when i'm out and about, not sure on how subtle the deerhunter will be though with DEERHUNTER written down the chest in big letters :)

If you like Deerhunter try and find a now discontinued Gotland:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6KW7vU4B2g

All the best

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE