Advices needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
So in 2 days I'm leaving to the west of Georgia , I'll be living the country life for one week , I haven't been there since I started bushcrafting thats quite a few years , the weather over there is most like in UK , high humidity , everything is wet and many rains, any advices ? I'll be hunting almost everyday and doing all bushy fun stuff , I may even stay on an overnight.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Good boots and gaiters, i find if my feet are warm and dry it doesn't matter how cold and wet the rest of me gets, have a good time and tell us all about it in a trip report when you get back

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Much under-rated kit are good gaiters :D
I wore mine for fieldwalking, and I was the only one with dry feet (and warm legs) day in day out.

Have fun out there

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's a massive difference between really cheap but incredibly hard wearing ones (you can get sweaty inside them) and the breathable (unless you get them too muddy) ones….which are not cheap.

The old army (and this goes back to before the Vikings) standard were leg wraps, puttees. Those protected and kept warm and dried off easily when you set up camp. Just two long lengths of wool cloth. Later ones were canvas though.
Type puttees into google images search and there are thousands :)

In the end I just bought the generic cheap camping shop ones for £6 or £7 the pair, and dried off my trouser bottoms in the evening. They took everything I worked through, from burns to bracken and gorse, heather to conifer woodlands, and they stopped the wet and wind dead :D and kept the mud out of my boots too.
I don't know what's available in your bit of the world though :dunno:

These are the kind of things I mean
http://www.military1st.co.uk/produc...s-black.html?gclid=CLj_t8eovdECFesW0wodvS0Ecg

http://www.blacks.co.uk/activities/111615-blacks-breathable-gaiters.html
M

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE