Advice on where to go (UK)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hobbit on a String

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Aberdeenshire (Turriff)
The Law of Scotland since 2003, which is called Open Access, basically means you can camp up for at the max 2 nights, and be at least 150 from any road, also your not allowed to camp next to road verges, but in practise, as long as you out of site, and not using a monster tent coloured for a festival you pretty well safe all over scotland,
England on the other hand is a bit dicey, best only to park up after doing a recce of the area, and doing it as quietly as poss, and if asked to leave just do it, dont back chat.

I am an outsidy all year round, and most of the time i get by without too much grief.

Holiday W/E in the middle of summer may well be a Problem; rest of the year, if your off the beaten track & show respect to the countryside, I cant see a problem; do it all the time here
in rural Wales; just clean up after and Take your Litter Home !.

S

skoper

Ive found if you camp out of site for the night, find somewhere you are obstructed from view,dont have an open fire, i know its part of the game but i have been moved on in the lakes even useing a fire box, the camp sites were closed too, but there you have it, dont give up ,keep moving show respect for the land you are useing, bag up your rubbish, .it sometimes pays off to have a bit of litter bagged up just outside the tent, impressions do often work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE