Advice on sourcing best mini-torch I can use as a zip pull

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
(Hope this is in the correct section of the forum)

I've done several searches but not quite found the information I was looking for.

Somewhere on one of the sub-forums I have read of someone using a brand of mini-torch with paracord to act as a zip pull (also on paracord around the neck for overnight access to a torch)

What do you guys advise as being a cost-effective source of good quality min-torches for this purpose.

I've already had a look at the photons and they're a bit too costly to be getting half a dozen or so in one go for my daughters' jackets as well.

TIA

Best Wishes
David

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A pal uses the Innova Microlights on zip pulls and bags etc, you can probably pick up a cheaper version from somewhere like Dealextreme etc

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
There was agroup buy of these on British Blades , I was handing them out left right and centre, they are really bright enough to put a maglite to shame.
Best for last :cool: they cost about 25p each:lmao:
Get a tenner's worth and see how many friends you have.

I've got them on zip pulls on rucksack, zips on jackets as well as keyrings.
Here :- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1253

regards

beach bum

Last edited:

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Many many thanks everyone - the DealExtreme torch looks a pretty good deal. I think I'll try them out. Hardly a problem at that price.

What are delivery times like with DealExtreme?

Best Wishes
David

Many many thanks everyone - the DealExtreme torch looks a pretty good deal. I think I'll try them out. Hardly a problem at that price.

Best Wishes
David

cant beat it the batteries alone are £2 each and you need 2 from tescos etc

I got 40 for £11 ish before christmas but does take 3-4 weeks i think they come by sea
ive had 1 or 2 that dont work but hey who cares

ATB

Duncan

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Best Wishes
David

Longest delivery was four weeks, most in 2-3. Take a look at the cree torches too :)

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Just ordered 4 packs from Deal Extreme. Will see (and report back) how long they take to get here. Thanks for all of the advice everyone.

Perhaps I ought to ask this elsewehere too, what is the best source/who is the best supplier of decent (and cost-effective) paracord for lanyards for these torches etc.,

Best Wishes
David

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just ordered 4 packs from Deal Extreme. Will see (and report back) how long they take to get here. Thanks for all of the advice everyone.

Perhaps I ought to ask this elsewehere too, what is the best source/who is the best supplier of decent (and cost-effective) paracord for lanyards for these torches etc.,

Best Wishes
David

These guys are pretty good. You can get the same stuff on ebay tagged as US Military spec but I can't remember how the prices compare.

These look quite interesting too - does the clip come off easily or is it fixed so you can't detach it?

Best Wishes
David

I think the clip has to come off the change the battery, not sure though as I've just got cheap copies myself.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Best Wishes

David
Dealextreme used to do a 50 bag, but I can't see it on there now.

The Bushcraft Store have just lowered their paracord prices and have all the colours. Plus they have great customer service. No affilliation etc, but I deal with them a lot for this precise reason.

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/550-gsa-compliant-paracord-85-c.asp

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire

Best Wishes

David
Dealextreme used to do a 50 bag, but I can't see it on there now.

The Bushcraft Store have just lowered their paracord prices and have all the colours. Plus they have great customer service. No affilliation etc, but I deal with them a lot for this precise reason.

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/550-gsa-compliant-paracord-85-c.asp

Thank you for the link and the endorsement.

Best Wishes
David

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I've got 2 of those Photon copies (one from Rapidboy 1 from Flashaholics) and they're really good. I've got an original Photon Micro Light as well and they seem just as good

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Paracord is overkill IMHO for these little torches, I use tent guyline these days. Tesco are selling reflective guy lines cheap enough these days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE