not sure where to post this thread ? im after advice about buying a second hand Canadian style canoe . main use will be on canals , lakes lochs etc .

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

silverpac64

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2021
biddulph moor
want it for 2 adults and 2 dogs . plus gear so not sure on the length depth etc had one 30 plus years ago and tried one out on titisworth reservoir near the roaches today for the first time in 30 plus years and fell in love again . what should i be looking for as for damage etc are they any lighter now ? what sort of price should a good second hand one run at , and anything else you can think of that may be of help . All the best .

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
Hi
I might have just what your looking for.
Details can be found here....
Hope you find what you want.
I am located in Snowdonia.
Thanks
Greg

Reactions: plastic-ninja

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I would suggest that the 115 is to short for 2 adults , 2 dogs and gear. Although the above all could be small size.
The prospecter hull is a good general purpose hull for what you need. Made by several different companies.
Royalex is a lightweight material , but discontinued now, second hand ones hold their value.
Wooden or plastic gunwales , depending on your storage options and how much maintenance you want to do.
By the time you buy a boat with paddles, buoyancy aids etc you won't get much change out of £1000.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE