Advice needed on advanced courses please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willpower

Oct 4, 2010
Dorset
Hi all, apologies if this question has been asked before but any advice really appreciated.

Have always loved the outdoors but have recently been deeply inspired by bushcraft, feels like something I have been looking for for a long time and now want to do some kind of indepth course, primarily for myself, but also with a possible view to eventually teach.

I know it's not everyones thing, but the spiritual aspect is really important to me, I have been on a weekend course with Trackways in Sussex (strongly influenced by Tom Brown Jr) and the teachings intuitivlely seem to make sense to the extent that I am considering doing the part-time year course.

However, having read about the various controversies, I cannot help feeling a sense of unease every time a story is told relating to Stalking Wolf and TBJ's early life.

So... the question I'm putting out into the cyber wilderness is- are there any indepth courses out there that have a strong emphasis on the spiritual dimension of Bushcraft but perhaps steer away from TBJ?

I heard about a one year full time course somewhere in Europe so if anyone knows anything about that I would also be interested- or even in the States.

In gratitude...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I wish someone could tell me what spirit tracking is. I may be wrong but it sounds like a hippy term for 'knowing your quarry and how it behaves'.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If anybody said to me that their bushcraft course embraced the spiritual aspects, I'd put my wallet back in my wife's pocket. :)

Apr 15, 2010
Wiltshire
Embracing the Spiritual aspect of Bushcraft can only flavour one's experiences I'd have thought... I once walked with an Aboriginal in the outback along part of a rediscovered dream line... his culture and spirituality informed him and placed him as part of his environment. It seemed that he could feel his environment in a different way. I often wonder what it'd be like to walk into a forest over here, whilst having the same serenity and confidence as that chap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE