Advice neede on Bushcraft equipment.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was after some advice with reference to what sort of kit I should take with me on my first ever Bushcraft meet.

I am going away a week on Friday and although I have been on plenty of survival exercises I have never done Bushcraft and as I have found out from this site it is certainly a whole new subject! :confused: :confused:

I understand that the area in which the meet is being held has woodland and open parkland.

So if any of you guys / girls wish to pass on your wisdom it would be much appreciated. :eek: :eek: :eek:

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have lightning reflexs lol, do a search for kit list or something like that and it will turn up lots of stuff. you will definitley need a knife, some means of cooking, a pot and a shelter
leon

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
if you pack what this guy packs you will need a truck to carry it all lmao
leon

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Greg, just take what you did for the Cambrian Survival w/e and you will get by - any more is just to keep comfortable/luxurious and to have fun!
John

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Greg,
If its your first, no one is going to worry, hey, no one is going to worry anyway! There will be subjects or topics that you will be more interested in than others, so trim your existing kit to suit and don't go buying unnecessary gear for just one weekend. If there are things you think you need, chat to people that already have similar things to suss out which type/make/size etc is the best for you.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE