Adirondack Bushman

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
This story caught my eye. 20 years in the woods is a long time! I suspect there are a lot more people living like this in developed countries. They should let him go!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i suppose he stole stuff so unfortunately he has to comply like everybody else and pay his dues. i know of a couple of characters who live off the land and their wits near skye.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
agreed - but once he's been rumbled, the jig's up i guess, someboby is going to want to mither him.
maybe he'll write a book of his time in the bush, hope so. although he may not do well back in 'society', it'll be interesting to keep an eye on his progress. hopefully he wont be treated like a freak, but someone with the balls to live how he wants to.
its odd, whose to say he cant live like that? (petty theft aside)
be a nice ending if he did write a book, with the profits buy up a nice patch of land and loose himself in it.
more power to him i say.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
What a great story!

They should let him off the hook! Its not like he murdered anyone or anything....not that we know of anyway.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
hammock monkey said:
its odd, whose to say he cant live like that? (petty theft aside)

He obviously couldn't live like that without the petty theft and it is less petty if it's your own stuff that goes missing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE