adder

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
ged where bouts is Here? uk or foriegn? that scorpion is awesome, yet alarming in terms of sharing ones home to the natives.
cool pics!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
ged where bouts is Here? uk or foriegn? that scorpion is awesome, yet alarming in terms of sharing ones home to the natives.

The area is called Pyrenees Orientales, that is on the Spanish border in France at the eastern end of the Pyrenees, near the Mediterranean coast. The village is about 560 metres above sea level so it can get a bit chilly in winter, even so you still see plenty of these guys around in the spring.

The locals are in denial, they try to tell you that there aren't any. But we like to check our boots in the morning. :)

He was only a little one, a sting would be unpleasant but probably not life-threatening. We wouldn't dream of harming them of course, we love having them around.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Only had time for a quick survey today, but amazingly found an old male I recorded last, five years ago. He is at least 18 years old and absolutely huge. Moved about 300 metres from his old area but still fit and well.

01May20104.jpg

01May20103.jpg

Also found one of last years slow-worms.

01May20109.jpg

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Some fantastic fotos there folks.

JD that second foto of yours, of the adder head on is stunning.

Getaway, I've never seen a mole, great pics.

Thanks for posting.

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE