Adapted Schrade Survival Knife

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
At the Moot I bought BigMonster's Schrade Survival knife - as seen in his thread...
All I did to the knife was rewrap the handle in Olive cord instead of his awful blue cord, reprofile the edge so that it would actually cut things instead of bouncing off them and patinate the now only partially coated blade using super strong Instant coffee (at last - a reason to buy instant coffee .. it sure ain't worth drinking!).
The coffee was a tip from Dave Budd who told me it was a cheap way to bring up the pattern in a pattern welded (Damascus) blsde that had polished to an even colour.
The sheath however was in need of a total replacement. The one it comes with is a nasty nylon item with more Velcro than a furry hooky thing, is oversize and...nasty!
I made one up out of 3.5mm Veg tan leather dyed black with the good old vinegar/rust mix and stitched with home waxed linen thread.
The design was based on the old Chris Reeve sheath ... as the knife is based on the Cris Reeve knife I thought this apt:)
Why did I buy this knife?
When I first started writing for SWAT the Chris Reeve knives had just hit the market and I lusted after one and promised myself that I would buy one if I ever earned enough from my writing to afford one....
That moment just happened :)
004.jpg
002.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hmm , The blade looks shorter ? Must be an optical illusion due to the incredible paracord wrap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE