USAF Survival Knife combined with Fallkniven DC3?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Hi, I have a USAF survival knife, the Ontario one. It’s got the tin backed sheath with a front pouch for sharpening stone. The knife has a fuller on it, NOT the cheap Walmart version. I don’t like the stone that comes with it, I was checking out the dimensions of a Fallkniven DC3, it looks like it might fit in the pouch (which would be brilliant, I have and really like the DC4). Has anybody already done it, it looks to be a close thing- it may or may not fit.
Thanks, Matt.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Yes fits perfectly, although because its a bit slimmer you have to be able to pinch grip to take it out

as an aside check this thread out

our BCUSA brothers love the knife :D

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Yes fits perfectly, although because its a bit slimmer you have to be able to pinch grip to take it out

as an aside check this thread out

our BCUSA brothers love the knife :D
Excellent, I was hoping it would! Probably won’t need to use it, it’s good to have it there though. I usually strop it with Smurf Poo. I put a convex grind on mine. I did it with a Work Sharp Ken Onion, I started with my Lansky, but was getting nowhere fast!☹️. Now I’ve got the edge ground down with a nice bevel, it’s lovely to use. I’ll be checking out that thread, it looks very interesting! Thanks..

Reactions: Rockfarm

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
no problem - only issue with the knife is the blade is on the soft side

that was by design since it was designed to be easy to field sharpen on flat rocks etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE