activities for under tarps?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
any good ideas for people to do as a night activity under tarps, taking into account there may not be space to carry extra kit like board games and possibly not much space to move around in, and dangerous to whittle in bad light, i would find ideas useful as would many youth orgs.

cheers!

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
We used to do a game with the cadets using radio's and pencil and paper, but I guess that you can do it without the radio's...

A simple drawing is created and some one has to describe it to the others, who ever gets the nearest to the original avoids latrine duty...

LS

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
the 'name game'? - you start with someone famous and the next person has to think of someone starting with the start of the first persons surname. If you get a 'double' you turn the direction back round.

re-reading that it is kinda confusing i know but in essence is v simple (we played it non stop for over 3 hrs once!:eek: )

something like........ ( with 5 players and number 5 not getting a go! )

(1) Ray Mears - (2) Mors Korchanski - (3) Ken Bigley - (4) Boris Becker - (3)Bary Crier etc

numbers in brackets is the player number

please tell me someone understands my rambleings - the more i type the more i think i confuse things so i'm gonna stop!

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
g4ghb said:
please tell me someone understands my rambleings - the more i type the more i think i confuse things so i'm gonna stop!

I getcha!

What's wrong with a good 'ol fashioned sing song round the campfire? I can email you our songbook if you like - could be tricky without knowing the tunes though!

We usually spend some (more) time cooking stuff as well - marshmallows, toasted cheese sandwiches (in foil), popcorn.

Could go for a short night hike or orienteering, a wide game, or maybe a bit of badger spotting? Generally ours are so late finishing cooking that it's pretty much time for bed by the time they've finished anyway!

Sorry, none of that lot is particulary under the tarps!

Let us know how you get/got on,

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Ever played the drinking game "21"?

Sit in a circle, and take turns going round the circle counting up to 21 with each person saying one, two or three consecutive numbers until the count reaches 21 and the one who says that has to do a forfeit (usually down their drink).
To make it interesting, the rules mean that if you say two numbers, then the direction round the circle changes, effectively passing the buck to the person who went before you. Say three numbers and it skips the next person in the line and the next person picks up.

Once you've got to 21, the person who did the forfeit can choose to replace any number with a word or phrase. Then you start again but perhaps the number four is now "John smells of cheese". e.g. "1", "2","3","John smells of cheese", "5", "6" etc. (you can try and get John to say 4 for added amusement")

We soon got tired of this because people just got too good at it. So, to make it harder you can play using roman numerals.
So counting up, you'd say "I", "II", "III", "IV", "V", "VI" etc all the way up to "XXI"

Then, to make it more interesting, you can replace I, V, and X with other words. We used sweary words cause we're childish. But if you wanted a clean version, you could change "I" to "Ship", "V" to "Tank" and "X" to "Bullocks" :rolleyes:

then sit in a circle chanting:
"Ship", "ShipShip", "ShipShipShip", "ShipTank", "Tank", "TankShip", all the way up to "BullocksBullocksShip"

It certainly give the brain a bit of a work out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE