Helicon tex anorak short review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Bought this off James.R of this parish, looks unused to me, a great buy and good guy to deal with.
So, to the down and dirty……good news, this is tired old design which has been modified to give a timeless bit of kit. The old over the head cotton anorak, like wot we all started walking with, but with full pit zips, so putting on and taking off a piece of cake. Also huge venting options.Access via two vertical zips.
Huge thru pocket easily big enough for maps.
Big kangaroo pocket accessed via horizontal zip, again big, but with organiser slots so glasses, shades etc can be, err, organised…..brilliant.
Im short barrel shaped and it fits perfectly, hood is well designed and adjustable.
It is cotton, so only really light shower proof, but you can gunk it up with wax or similar to proof it, personally I will not, I prefer to carry a light rain shell which takes up no room in my pack.
I just used this trekking in Morocco, a light shirt under it and wore nothing different for days, could easily fit a thermal shirt and thin sweater under if desired.
Cuffs adjustable with velcro, or just roll up as I did. Good fit means you can easily put a duvet jacket over it when night falls, which is very useful.
In short, what a joy to find, even full price, an affordable cotton windproof, which for so much of the temperate climate is all one needs most of the time. A modern take on the much loved Blacks anorak.
Bushcraft, hiking, trekking, rock climbing, this is an excellent choice, well done to the manufacturer!

Reactions: adriatikfan

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I have the Woodsman anorak and it's great. I have it a coat of Nikwax for unexpected showers but haven't tried it yet. I am not sure if it is my shoulders or the cut of the jacket but it does feel slightly odd across the shoulder. It wouldn't be the first time it's been me though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE