acorn processing

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Suffolkrafter

Forager
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Sincere labour I'd imagine
I once watched an archeological documentary in which they unearthed an ancient skeleton with malformed joints from where its owner had spent a lifetime grinding flour. I felt like I was headed for a similar fate.

What an amazing foraging resource though. Far more prevalent than sweet chestnuts and starchy tubours, at least at this time of the year.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I once watched an archeological documentary in which they unearthed an ancient skeleton with malformed joints from where its owner had spent a lifetime grinding flour. I felt like I was headed for a similar fate.

What an amazing foraging resource though. Far more prevalent than sweet chestnuts and starchy tubours, at least at this time of the year.

Completely - easy to imagine primitive man ( and not so primitive ) collecting then sitting around a fire in the evening slowly processing them for use. The 5 year super cycle for the harvest must have sent a foraging frenzy.

Reactions: Suffolkrafter

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.