"Account on BushcraftUK: Community Forum locked out"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Just had the following e-mail:
Dear JimN,

Your account on BushcraftUK: Community Forum has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,
BushcraftUK: Community Forum

But I am still logged into the forum and when I clicked on the IP address (hidden above) it actually took me to the BCUK home page. Was this somebody testing something?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
This happened before, I seem to remember it was due to a conflict between the main site and the forum software. Have no fear its not someone trying to hack in to you account.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
He he, sorry guys, to start with I thought it was a hack attempt but it's the bridge not liking some tweeks. How it works is that the forum gets the front end to give it the login details and one DB updates the other one, if this gets slightly out of sync it causes a problem, the front end can be pushing the details at the forum DB and it's not needing them, hence the 5 login attempts.

I've worked around it for now so you shouldn't get the messages any more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE