Rattles out of pram

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am the first to admit that no one forum suits everybody, or even it's most comfortably sited members, all of the time. We all have very different lives and responsibilities.

With that in mind, I wish to make it very clear that if someone says that they are leaving, then Mods or Admin will very quickly, and without fuss, close down their account.
No last hurrahs, no spate of last words, no sounding off at other members, no brouhaha.
If someone says they are off, then they are.

Accounts are very, very, rarely re-instated, and the double membership rules still apply.

If threads are removed, then it's worth while going and re-reading the rules before attempting to re-post them.
They can be found quite easily by following the clickable link under Forum on the top blue header bar of every page.

Best advice for those out of sorts with things is just to move away from the keyboard for a while.
Rattles out of pram and burnt boats, etc., just back folks into a corner of their own making.

As ever, your understanding would be appreciated

Kind regards,
Mary

Last edited:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I think that's fairly clear Mary.

Cheers for all the MOD's hard work. And I hope you don't have to put up too many problems.

Louis

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks for all the mods hardwork.

As a normal forum member, I tend to think the rare occasion when someone starts the "I am leaving" thread I just think "slap me with your manbag drama queen". I do wish some people would be slightly more mature and realise that everyone else really isnt into their personal angst. I am really greatful to mods I know couldnt deal with other people daftness.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
On the whole we're incredibly lucky with the membership here; there's honestly very little trouble :D
That's kind of why I posted this thread (repeat of a discussion in Full Members, and a little cut and paste, tbh) because it not only explains things, it hopefully will strike a chord with the occasional longer term member who is tempted to fling the rattle.
Just step away from the keyboard, go and do something else for a bit.

If you really can't see why Mods or Admin did something and it's niggling you, just ask. I know we don't 'have' to explain, but if we have time and the pm's aren't playing silly beggars, we'll try.
Mostly just reading the rules makes it very clear,

The thanks are appreciated :D but we do hope that folks realise that the Mods are thankful too that the forum is a mostly chilled out kind of place and the members are very good company :D

cheers,
M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I always think this picture sums up the toys out of the pram mentality rather aptly :)

duty_calls.png

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Missed the drama again, i am going to have to stop all this living outdoors malarky and spend more time on the forum so i do not miss the drama

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Can't be doing with people flouncing off, it's just attention seeking.

There can be very valid reasons for choosing not to engage for a while, but to make a public announcement reeks of vanity. If you don't like the forum, get drunk, then reset your password with loads of commas and dashes you'll never remember in the morning :D

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I don't know why people post that they are leaving and have had enough. Don't like something don't respond. Don't give me an in-depth reason why your leaving. if you don't like it then just do one simple. But as the mods say step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and come back later, remember all the good posts you have read.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE