Aboriginal Malaysian Fire Piston CHARITY AUCTION

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
I have recently had the privialge whilst working in South East Asia of meeting up with a few BCUK members from further a field. My deepest thanks to BOd and Bandal4 for there hospitality and friendship.

I was lucky enough to visit the village where Jamri reportedly the last aboriginal fire piston making in south east asia lives to see how the pistons are made and to learn how to use them. Malaysia suffers badly form corrupt official and much of what is some of the oldest jungle in the world is continuely being turned into an enless grove of sterile palm plantations for oil even in areas where it is protected. The Malaysia Nature Society through its programes of conservation and education help protect remaining jungle flora and fauna and intern the skill and way of the original inhablitant that rely on it.

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0329-1.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0336-1.jpg

For Auction is a hand carved fire piston made from Burbarous (spelling?) made by Jamri along with the hand crafted bamboo case which contain an ember pick the special fish palm tinder and spare fibre for new gaskets when required.

IMG_0364.jpg

The winning bid made by 2000hrs GMT on the 15th of March makes the winning bid amount donnation to the Malaysian Nature Society.

This is an incredably rare artifact so grab yourself a bargin and know you helping a good and worthy cause inthe process.

Ill start the bidding

1. £20 Jungle_re

Jamri.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE