abergavenny overnighter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all mike decided to show me and the big labowski his secret place for an overnighter some pictures
a wood wasp on mikes jacket
vy429t.jpg

als fantastic fratatta yum yum
ekrd69.jpg

mikes cooking stove
f1jlvn.jpg

our attempt at some spoons
29ymtxd.jpg

breakfast alar dave and mike sausage bacon beans tomatoes yum yum
1zg43uc.jpg

the big labowski having breakfast
15z5c06.jpg

that it folks thanks to mike and al for another great night out regards dave:red::):lmao:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thanks Dave. Good pics, and thanks for the company. it was nice that the alcohol stove was a success, despite the windy conditions.

Can anyone help me to identify that insect on my arm? It isn't a wood wasp, as the colours are the wrong way around. My initial thought was that it was a sawfly, but I can't get it to fit. Birch sawfly was possible, but I don't think so. Might also be a species of Tenthredo, but this just isn't a group that I know vey well. The best match I have so far is the ichneumonid Amblyteles spp, but that has a distinct waist and holds its wings differently.

Here's a pic of it from another angle, albeit not a very good shot.
5731059565_ccf5567650_z.jpg

I'd love to know about this insect.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ha! Solved it. Wonderful thing, Google Images. Tenthredo maculata. Recorded from South Wales before, but only once. I will probably submit this record to the relevant recording bodies, with the photos as evidence.

Thanks for the shot Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE