Suffolk BCG 3 Night Meet May Bank Holiday Weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I meet Mike On Friday we made our way to the Woods, and began to set up the Communal Shelter and get the Fire together, then started to unload our kit, piled it up in the Communal Area, set the Fire and brewed up, following a brief chat we both decided to sleet in the Shelter that night and pitch our own on Saturday morning, I also Roasted some green coffee beans ready for the weekend.

Friday night was an Easy meal for me a nice smoked Mackerel Grilled over the fire with some bread, following having some thing to eat we set up around the fire... chatted and had a few brews passing the time.

We woke on Saturday and set to work rebuilding the fire and cooking breakfast, for me .. full cooked. Following Breakfast We set up our Pitches, Mike and I then set to making a Swedish Torch, read for use later.

DSCN0472.jpg

I then went onto make and Bake a Fruit loaf in a Dutch oven

DSCN0470.jpg

Colin Arrived after that and he set up and the finishing touches were put on my pitch.

DSCN0480.jpg

Mike and Colin's Pitches

DSCN0475.jpg DSCN0476.jpg

Following that Mike set to with the evening meal.... Spit Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, and Veg... followed by Baked Apple and Custard

Beef Roasting
DSCN0469.jpg DSCN0474.jpg

Apples in Clay Oven
DSCN0471.jpg

The finished Meal.. :) - Nice one Mike Thank you for that :)
DSCN0497.jpg DSCN0498.jpgDSCN0499.jpg

The time came to light the Swedish Torch, the natural fiber cord burnt out, so with a rummage in my Disco I came up with some wire to hole it together

DSCN0507.jpg DSCN0518.jpg DSCN0525.jpg

Then the thing got too lose so was put on the fire the copper from the wire gave us some coloured flames.. :)

DSCN0528.jpg DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

Sunday morning came starting with a breakfast of a sausage omelette and fresh Coffee, we then went for a Bimble

DSCN0540.jpg

On the way back we picked up some logs, that were ready for splitting, we used a Wedge and some gluts rather than an axe

DSCN0541.jpg

After that we went for another Bimble, to look at another wood ready for the Boone Challenge at the end of the month.

Then back for evening meal... Venison Grill, Veg, Potatoes.

DSCN0547.jpg

After the evening meal time to chat and pass some time with two good Mates.

Heres a few other pics from the weekend

DSCN0482.jpg DSCN0485.jpg DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg DSCN0537.jpg DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg DSCN0545.jpgDSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

Sunday was a cooked Breakfast to use up some food, Strike Camp then home to start the unpacking,

The weather was quite kind, but changeable from sunny to showers to a storm, then back to sun, it was a great weekend with Two great Guys, thanks for your company Colin and Mike, and thanks for the Roast Beef Mike.

Hope you enjoy,

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
I'm jealous! You're eating better out in the woods than i eat at home hah

Thanks for sharing, though next time, sharing the food would definitely leave a greasy smile on my face :D

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Nice one looks a great set up n some top scran.fruit loaf in the Dutch oven looks perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank for all your comments,

We try to eat well and most of the time eat what we eat at home, no reason for not doing, just needs a bit of planing a thought, OK easyier when your car camping and can carry the Cook Wear, and we are lucky to have made a perment Clay oven, saying that we tend to eat good food on the boonie weekends as well.

You'd be welcome Jimbo75 we where speaking about you last meet,

We welcome anyone, always will pass on tips and hints at a meet, even with cooking thinigs :)

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
looks like a great laugh!

if i can face the 3hr M25 drive from Reading i'd love to drop in and learn from you gents!

going on my first weekender this weekend but i don't think the setup will be quite as luxurious as yours!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Chaard,

If you can do the Trip then you'd be welcome, every meet is different for us, so you never know what may go on :), keep an eye on the suffolk threads.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE