Abergavenny knife shop?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Evening folks.

I would like to nip in to Abergavenny or near by (camping at the mo) to purchase a half reasonable knife for a 10 year old. A wood handle 'bushcraft' style of sheathed blade that is sensible (and resonably priced). Any suggestions of shops would be really really useful.

I am checking in with a phone and limited signal / power so please forgive me if I don't respond until I get back.

I promised my lad he could use mine while we are away... alas it is knackered and needs some professional help :eek: I gad sourced a knife for him but it turns out the shop owner has noodles for brains and I will not hand over my dosh to hom on principle!!! can I name and shame this charlatan on my return??

anyway, your advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I can't honestly think that there are any suitable shops around Abergavenny,
In fact not around Gwent nor Powys
- there might be something around Brecon, but it'll be hidden amongst a huge amount of military surplus.

I am more than willing to be proven wrong, so if you know of anywhere - please share it as I'd like to find a goldmine myself.

ATB

Ogri the trog

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Just did a quick search for a starting point and found a fishing tackle shop

Fishing Mad Market
transparent.png
Usk View, Govilon, Abergavenny NP7 9PD
01873 832414 ()

There was a militaria type shop in St Micheals Road a few years back, not sure if it is still there now though

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I worked at Nevill Hall Hospital for a time and there was an outdoor shop in the town, hunting and fishing, Barbour jackets and shotguns type of place which if its still there may have something but would probably be pricey. There is a little surplus shop in Sennybridge tucked away on the left as you go up to the army camp which may have something for you.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Very many thanks to all of you for your responses.The hunting and fishing shop on the edge of town doesn't do knives. However, archery, fishing, vintage air weapons, taxidermy... etc etc. fantastic shop and the owner is a real gentleman, true customer service - top chap.For knives in Abergavenny; The general tool shop at the end of the arcade near Wilkinson's stocks a lot of knives, axes. etc. Mainly Swedish brands, and a good selection to choose from. Thank you again to all the post on this thread, very much appreciated and we are now sorted... along with some new arrows :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE