A. Wright and Son Bushcraft Knife Re-grind - HELP!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Mackinaw

Jun 15, 2020
London
How do folks,

I hope you and yours are well.

Throwing this out there as I have a A. Wright and Son Bushcraft Knife and like many I want to get the blade re-ground to a deeper and steeper angle.

I saw a post a while back in 2012 by craigclose82 that someone called - Longstrider - did a fantastic job on his.

Does anyone know how I can go about contacting Longstrider or who else I could approach to get as good a job on a re-grind, hone and polish?

Many thanks!

Thomas

Last edited:

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I am sure there are many makers on here that could re-profile the blade for you,
I think Longstrider visits EdgeMatters, and may be contacted there, but you need to be a member to get on the site.

The Mackinaw

Jun 15, 2020
London
I am sure there are many makers on here that could re-profile the blade for you,
I think Longstrider visits EdgeMatters, and may be contacted there, but you need to be a member to get on the site.

Thanks for the info, I am currently in conversation with Longstrider so all is well!

The next question is what angle to get it re-ground to..

Reactions: Wayland

SkyLark71

Jul 4, 2021
Cambridgeshire
Hi new to the forum, was skimming the threads and found this one. I too have the same knife with the same bad grind problem. How do I contact Longstrider via PM, can’t seem to find how to on his profile.
Thanks in advance

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire

Longstrider isn't active on here any more, but most certainly is on The Stalking Directory, and he is very definitely still doing regrinds and sharpens. I visited him a few weeks back and talked about some recent jobs.

If you want to send me your contact details I can pass them along.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi new to the forum, was skimming the threads and found this one. I too have the same knife with the same bad grind problem. How do I contact Longstrider via PM, can’t seem to find how to on his profile.
Thanks in advance

Use of the private message system requires you to have made a few more posts, which must then be manually approved by a moderator.

While Longstrider does not post these days, he was on here last Tuesday, so a PM may well reach him, but possibly not instantly.

ATB

Chris

Reactions: SkyLark71

SkyLark71

Jul 4, 2021
Cambridgeshire
Use of the private message system requires you to have made a few more posts, which must then be manually approved by a moderator.

While Longstrider does not post these days, he was on here last Tuesday, so a PM may well reach him, but possibly not instantly.

ATB

Chris
Thanks Chris
I’ll be in touch, desperate to get this sorted
Big thanks for helping
Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE