A woodland retreat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Yesterday I went out to replace a damaged Geocache of mine. I got the bus to the usual stop and walked across the ploughed fields, however despite my previous walks here I somehow made the mistake of walking over an extra fields instead of turning right. Well I was glad I had, because I had the most enjoyable days walk. The woodland path was muddy and well covered in red deer tracks, then I came across this derelict property, if only I could have it.

100_0280.jpg

100_0281.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=52.800004,1.3649211&z=19&t=h&hl=en

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
i love old shells, would really like to do one up, but sadly most are on land and cost a fortune, really wish that there was schemes that help first time home buyers/owners renovate old buildings.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Firstly we'd need to know if it is for sale and what condition it is on the inside! lol

Secondly - how many people are on thus site?

Third;y does the house have access to it for cars?

i'M SURE IF WE CAN ALL DONATE £1,000 it will only take 300 of us to buy it lol

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
that looks cool:) but you can garentee that someone use it eg. chavs drinking in it or maby a tramp lives there? did u have a look inside?

pete

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
I'd quite happily sell my house and live in a tent for 3 years whilst i did that up. All those woods out of the back door - ideal. Shame its too far away.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
On a serious note, I am trying to contact the owner of the woods to see if I can use some of it for camping The old house has got a wide track to it but the access is locked off.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Wow what a great find!!!But you have your work cut out for you there mate.The house it's self does not look that old perhaps 1950's.It sill has the roof on which would help you the "shed" bit looks well past it.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Matey that's my dream home too! Right near me in North Walsham. I walk down that track a good deal. It's part of Westwick Estate. I wouldn't fancy the walk to the road to put the wheelie bins out though;) . Loads of deer in the area, red, roe and muntjac.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
On a serious note, I am trying to contact the owner of the woods to see if I can use some of it for camping The old house has got a wide track to it but the access is locked off.
The main track is a public foot path. Only locked off to motorised traffic. It's estate land so no chance of wild camping. The woodland on the other side of the road was sold last year but I don't know who to. Bryants Heath just near by is good for a wonder as well. A couple of decent wilding apple trees and a crab in there, and good mushrooms too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE