A weekend away in Derbyshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I spent a great couple of days in a little wood near Matlock with a couple of mates over the weekend just gone, I just thought I'd share a few photo's

CIMG6198.JPG

some nice easy walking.......
CIMG6199.JPG

......and a bit closer to the top
CIMG6204.JPG

friendly locals
CIMG6211.JPG

obligatory camp fire shot
CIMG6226.JPG

the view
CIMG6225.JPG

A superb weekend away, thanks to Teepee for the company, and my mate Rocky for inviting us along.

There's a little bit more of a write up here for anyone who's interested; http://stuartsgettingthereslowly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/a-weekend-away.html

Cheers,

Stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Looks like a great weekend Stu... apart from the scramble in :)

It was a great weekend Steve, even the scramble was fun, although when you start measuring speed in terms of hours per mile there's something slightly wrong :eek:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Good one fella, recognise the views.
Had a few haul-ins to sites too.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Good one fella, recognise the views.
Had a few haul-ins to sites too.

The views are worth the climb to be honest mate, although we could've taken a slightly easier route and the views would've been just the same :rolleyes:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Well I'm only 56.3 miles away, nudge nudge

As it happens, travelling distance (or lack thereof) between my house and your house came up in conversation over the weekend. I have a funny feeling that one way or another we'll be off camping together soon mate :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Nice one Stu, cant wait to get away.

Cheers mate, I hope you manage to get yourself away soon, it's much better in the bush :)

Looks Tiptop trip to top :thumbup: pity I can't wangle a two day dinner break lol

Mate you could always break down/get lost/have your van stolen the next time you're round my way, blame it on altitude coming over that hill from Matlock/dense fog/banjo playing yokels. In fact, that last one's probably quite believable round here ;)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Looks awesome Stu, I love little hide-a-ways like that I have a few round Salisbury Plain, now that I have worked round here a few years and more back home :), the Peaks are still one of my favourite places in the world. It is what Britain should look like. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE