A very Scottish leather tool roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey folks,

Amongst my mountain of orders in December, I had 4/5 days to get this tool roll made in time for a lassie up in Aberdeen who commissioned it as a christmas gift for her partner who is a Scottish carpenter. She wanted his Stewart tartan incorporated somehow, a thistle on the front with their motto and his initials, and for it to be brown. I took the dimensions for the tools that it needed to fit, got everything ordered, and set to work.

Everything is done by hand as usual, which meant a LOT of hand saddle-stitching I can tell you ;)

HalfGoat Tool Roll Stewart 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Tool Roll Stewart 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Tool Roll Stewart 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Tool Roll Stewart 5 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Tool Roll Stewart 9 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Tool Roll Stewart 7 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

This was a maddie I must say, put in several 12+ hour shifts to get it done in time, but it was so worth it!

Thanks for looking :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Absolutely stunning! What a fabulous and unforgettable gift to receive..............I bet he'll never forget this Christmas, eh? A real work of beauty, Hamish. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Who crafts for the craftsman? Sorry for the paraphrasing of the famous line, and the answer?, Hamish of course, brilliant work as ever mate.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE