A very British dilemma...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A fishing buddy introduced me to instant powdered pg tips, which I took to the arctic. I also learnt that the dutch are very serious about their coffee. Id take bags next time. Luckily a previous guest had left some yorkshire tea. I had to show them how to add milk and sugar, as they were mainly into drinking liptons flavored tea bags. .......

Do you know what flavors? Most people now-a-days see the words "orange cut pekoe" and mistakenly think it's either a flavor or a varietal of tea. It isn't; it's the cut of the leaves according to an old English grading system that seems to only be used in North America now.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I didnt know that santaman, but basically as per the list here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIPTON-TE...uits-New-Flavors-Box-of-Teabags-/221724075732

Most 'northerners' prefer a much stronger cup. a mixture of black and green, mainly black tea, with milk and sugar. The rest taste rather weak.

Interesting bunch of teas on that link. Thanks for sharing it. I've never seen most of them here; only the green teas from Lipton although the Earl Grey is fairly common from other brands. I'm not much of a fan of "flavored teas" either.

Yeah mostly here we like tea a bit stronger for hot cups too. The weaker teas are usually for iced tea (although many of us like that stronger too)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE