a useful tip for volcano kettle users:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The firepan is put aside to cool down as quickly as it can, besides usually I've burnt off all the fuel; it's the kettle full of just boiled water that's the issue I find.......and that even when it's empty for some unknown reason the number of folks that stumble over it sometimes makes me wonder if it's got an invisibility cloak on it :rolleyes:

M

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
The firepan is put aside to cool down as quickly as it can, besides usually I've burnt off all the fuel; it's the kettle full of just boiled water that's the issue I find.......and that even when it's empty for some unknown reason the number of folks that stumble over it sometimes makes me wonder if it's got an invisibility cloak on it :rolleyes:

M

I tend to fill my cups with water first,then pour them into the Kelly so I'm only boiling the exact amount I need.The empty Kelly cools down quite quickly then :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
.......and it still gets kicked over :sigh:

To be honest I only use the kelly kettle if either I'm somewhere settled and need hot water (dyeing, felting or washing) or with a group when the kettle's on cry can attract either four or forty :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE