A thick heavy belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I got hold of some of the hide I use to make my strops and decided to make my self a belt.
I've fancied doing this for ages, so I bought a 2 inch brass buckle when I restocked the other day and set to:
P9250084.jpg

I'm chuffed with the result, although I did fluff up doing the stitch wheeling and ran off the groove a couple of times. It's meant as a heavy, comfortable user, so I'm not too worried about the fluffs.
I've triple stitched the lap and loops with artificial sinew:
P9250078.jpg

it's made from exactly the same stuff as the strops I do:
P7160002.jpg

I haven't decided what shade of "broon" to dye it yet:bluThinki it WILL be "broon" however:D

I thought it would be uncomfortably heavy but it's actually just the opposite; I know I'm wearing it but it feels very good "on" I'm hoping it will be ideal for carrying pouch,hatchet, water bottle and knife, over the top of a jacket.

Thanks for looking
R.B.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
What about black Steve, boots to match, and worn with red trousers and a red jacket with fur trim? Would go down a storm in December Ho ! Ho ! Ho !

Nice work and up to your usual high standard, looks good and strong should carry plenty without turning and digging in.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Looks spot on Steve, should last you years mate, I'd go for mid brown.

All the best.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Thanks fella's;)
I forgot to add; it's a work in progress, not only needs colouring but I intend to do a bit of carving on it too:rolleyes:
Now then, what about some reindeer figures?:bluThinki
cheers:D
R.B.

Or how about some of them crop circle type designs like on your bread boards that you sold. I thought they were great...

rancid badger

just thought I'd post a few pictures of the finished belt;
this is it in cloudy light:
PA010119copyresized2.jpg

It's carved with a groover and then dyed british tan ( three go's) and then the different sections are dyed; black, chocolate,british tan again or dark brown.
I souped up the brightness on this one to try to show the pattern better;
PA010127copyrtesized1.jpg

but this is pretty close to what it actually looks like in ordinary daylight:
PA010121copyresiz4ed.jpg

I'm fairly pleased with the way it looks.

cheers
R.B.

rancid badger

Very, very nice.
The only mistake that you've made is to make it big enough to still fit you if you gain two stone. It's the thin end of the wedge.....

ps, how are you enjoying your paddling?

Thank you, it certainly has plenty of "expansion room" and it'd take a rhino to snap it:D

I'm totally in love with the boat side of things but haven't been able to get out, since our trip to Ullswater a few months back now. :(
I was planning to go back to Ullswater last weekend but it didn't work out.
Never mind, I'll get back to it sooner or later;)
thanks again
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE