A stolen quote that sums up bushcraft to me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I won't lie to you, it's not been easy. But at the end of the day, when you see what you've achieved it makes you want to come out and do it again,
and again,
and again.

WEZO24522164
(sorry, don't know your name, but you inspire me)

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
I have one too that you cant go wrong with...
"Proper preperation prevents **** poor performance!"

I think you all can imagine what goes in the space! lol

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Yes, that's why I liked it.

They have a very ordered World view and every tool has it's proper use and place. No ifs, no buts, it's done right otherwise the spirits will disapprove and punish or desert you.

It's part of the reason they used to decorate their tools so well, it's about respect for the spirits of their environment and their prey.

Of course much of that is changing with new beliefs but I get where the old ideas were coming from.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
WEZO24522164
(sorry, don't know your name, but you inspire me)

That old Welsh guy on youtube?

Used to watch him when i started out.

Who is he? That's a great quote. :)

That's the chap, stumbled across him late last night. A moment of calm reflection at a point when I was ready to explode. 21 hours straight in an office is about enough to push anyone over the edge.

I reckon it's Rik_uk3 and he's been kidding us on all this time :)

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
That's the chap, stumbled across him late last night. A moment of calm reflection at a point when I was ready to explode. 21 hours straight in an office is about enough to push anyone over the edge.

He has good videos and philosophy of bushcraft but his semi permanent shelter is cool but won't shed water.

When i began his stuff was great, i like listening to older gentleman about bushcraft stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE