A splash of colour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
I have a small craft fair Sunday to show/sell some knives and thought I'd show a 'after oil but before wax and Peek polish' shot while the skies briefly held back on the rain.

Thanks for looking.

Customer specified one off knife with plasticized Spalted beech and deep sabre grind,3mm 01.

A 'Grand Voyageur' (new model) with Brazillian Tulipwood and red liners,4mm 01 (Camp-Crafter:)).

Le Voyageur with Mexican cocobolo no liners 4mm 01.

Le Voyageur with Zebrano and Ivory liners 4mm 01(available)

Le Trappeur bushcraft (new updated model not yet shown on website)in Olive
wood and black liners (available) 3mm 01.

Le Trappeur bushcraft in Rosewood (available) 3mm 01.

Le trappeur in ebony and red linersm 3mm 01.

New model 'Compagnon knife in Nicuraguan Cocobolo and black liners 3mm 01.

Compagnon knife in ebony no liners 3mm 01.

Using the last picture for reference this is what they are, my apologies for not putting it up before.

Attachments

• knife 631.jpg
    knife 631.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 64
  • knife 626.jpg
    knife 626.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 104
  • knife 627.jpg
    knife 627.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 109
  • knife 628.jpg
    knife 628.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 69
  • knife 629.jpg
    knife 629.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Nice collection there ,the third from the right in the first pic my favourite

Jason

I agree with Jag. The third one in from the right in the first picture is a great knife. How much do they go for?

Thanks fella's its a Le Voyageur model in Mexican Cocobolo with mosaic pins, Dazza the info is on my site mate (order now page)

What's "wax and peek"?

After 4-5 oil layers I use a blended Bees and Carnauba wax to finish the handles off, gives a good grippy grip even in the peeing rain because your hand heat softens the wax and a quick buff on the sleeve brings it up shiny again. Peek is a finer metal polish than Autosol etc and really is just to make them look their best.....not really necessary....but.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
as the founder member of the TP knives fan club i can vouch for the quality of these knives :) stunning Toby, good luck with the fair mate :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just a little endorsement here folks for Toby's knives, they really are superb. The attention to detail and finish leaves a lot of the more expensive knives in his dust. You get a LOT of knife for your money with his stuff. The handles really are something else too. They look like they'd be uncomfortable, all bulky and lumpy but once you fold your fingers around them it's like they've been custom made to your fist, and not only in the conventional way of holding them either. For using the tip for carving your little finger rest on the end of the handle perfectly. A LOT of ergonomics is incorporated into those multi-task handles.

click on the thumbnail below and you'll see what I mean

twokinves01.jpg

In case you can't tell Toby lives about 20mins away from me here in Normandy, and I had the pleasure to handle a few of those knives he's photographed. It's like holding a Rolls Royce of a knife and they scream quality. His workshop would make you green with envy and his workmanship would make you believe he's destined for an eternity in hell since he's obviously sold his soul in order to be this good at his craft.

Can't praise his workmanship enough. Have a gander at the image below. See what I mean?

trappeur07.jpg

My advice is to get in an order for one of his knives sooner than later becasue once he gets well known the waiting time for one of his custom made knive is going to be measured in months.

Good luck with the fair today Toby. Wish I could get along to it myself but I'm stacked with real life stuff today. Hope you get plenty of orders, you deserve better recognition.

All the best mate.

PS this has got to be one of my favs, it's so hard to choose one over the other, they're all top notch.

Attachments

• chasseur03.jpg
    chasseur03.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
If your ever displaying in the alps let me know, would love to have a look

Would love to get over that way during next year, if you know of a show or two let me know in good time and I may be able to get over there.

Thanks Aaron for the kind words twas good to see you again after all that 'getting by in life' got in the way.

Very happy to say that the 'cutting of the teeth show' went very well, 3 from the pic's and a Kingwood Voyageur later so thanks to one and all for the good wishes and encouragment:)

Attachments

• PA095324.jpg
    PA095324.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • PA095320.jpg
    PA095320.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 16

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
hey ! congratulations on the show Toby, good looking stand you have there as well. I'd love to find a stand like that at a fair over here but Mr plod would probably shut it down and confiscate all the knives ! :(

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Cheers chaps, I made the 'Stand' logs in 15 happy minutes with the new secondhand Husky chainsaw, and considering I was amongst Handmade candles, translation services and a lady selling clothes I was well pleased with day:red:

Now to sort an available now page!

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Managed to take a few more snaps after rain and not long before dark.

In no particulars orders

Attachments

• knife 634.jpg
    knife 634.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
  • knife 637.jpg
    knife 637.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 11
  • knife 642.jpg
    knife 642.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 12
  • knife 647.jpg
    knife 647.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 12
  • knife 668.jpg
    knife 668.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE