a shout out to all u moot goers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh well - I am off for a long hot bash, a nights rest - and then off to the Moot!
See you there - or I will catch up when I return older and wiser!
:D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Logging off, going to bed, collecting Linz in the morning and I'll see you all down there.

Over and out.
4167.gif

D

Deleted member 7976

Finally packed w00t. A hideous amount of weight for a motorcycle lol.

Had to ditch the bivi in the end (to fit a sleeping bag in) so it's tent and tarp but shouldn't need the bag, nights are looking quite humid.

I have my GB double headed felling axe strapped across the back (safely *coughs*). I know I won't need it as such, but I rarely get to use it in anger so was hoping there may be some more heavy chopping required at some point, maybe for the communal fire. Worst case scenario is I bring a whole new meaning to carving up the traffic while filtering. Please let me know if I am insane

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
I'm just a bout done as well.

Dunno how I fitted it all in :rolleyes: Mind you there'll be loads of room going home as the 1/2 cubic metre of firewood I've got loaded won't be coming back :D

So you reckon it's advisable to take firewood? I was thinking about this and as no-one has yet been able to give me even a ballpark figure as to how many are expected to be there, I didn't know how much 'loose' firewood there would be lying about, and if I'd be able to scrounge enough to cook for myself for 6 days.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
So you reckon it's advisable to take firewood? I was thinking about this and as no-one has yet been able to give me even a ballpark figure as to how many are expected to be there, I didn't know how much 'loose' firewood there would be lying about, and if I'd be able to scrounge enough to cook for myself for 6 days.

Marrolan, There will be ballpark numbers up to around 200 at any one time, with total attending throughout rising to possibly 250/300. Firewood becomes an issue if lots of people have fires burning constantly, but there should be plenty if you make smaller cooking fires as they are needed or share your cooking between groups. The area is huge so there's always likely to be wood somewhere, you'll just have to move about to find it. That said, the weather forecast for friday is a little damp so there might not be dry wood when you most need it.

Bottom line is bring some with you if you can and preserve what you can forage on site, but there should be plenty to go around.

ATB

Ogri the trog

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Morrolan - Full members can turn up earlier (but pay more too)

I've still not finished packing yet, I've still got to buy a sleeping bag (I've decided that maybe 4 seasons is a little silly for this camp not to mention quite bulky and heavy. All in my entire rucksack weighs 12KG, so not too bad. I'm bringing a backup gear pack as well, but I don't think I'll need it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE