A short Christmas Eve bimble in the Welsh hills...

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Christmas shopping... too many relatives... wrapping presents... yet another mince pie. Sometimes a chap needs to escape the Christmas chaos and get some space. :)

I'm staying with the inlaws over the holidays (joy!), but fortunately being in Wales means fresh air and big skies are not far away. ;)

This was my target... a small mountain lake a little way from Pstyll Rhaeadr waterfall

map.jpg

I left my car near the foot of the falls (just visible through the trees!)

3.jpg

I was heading up the valley to the lake... this is the view back down (I love the Welsh countryside)

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

I followed a mountain stream to its source at the lake

1.jpg

Finally arrived!

panorama.jpg

I took a couple of moments in quiet comtemplation... I have a lot to give thanks for this year, especially the safe arrival of my baby daughter (it's her first Christmas this year).

A quick lunch of pork pie and an apple, and then a self-portrait by the lake

5.jpg

To get back to the car I climbed the ridge above the lake

4.jpg

I walked back towards the top of the waterfall and got stuck in a boggy puddle (thank goodness for waterproof boots!)

6.jpg

Then it was home through the winding lanes of North Wales in time for a candlelit carol serivce with the family.

A lovely afternoon of solitude and quiet communion with the natural world... but it's always nice to get home to my wife and baby.

I hope you all get some time to chill out this Christmas - thanks for looking and Merry Christmas and Peaceful New Year to all on BCUK. :)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Excellent pictures Wallenstein looks like you had a fare braw day out and it looks like the weather was kind to you :approve:

Everyone needs times like that to envigorate the heart :D

Thanks for sharing Russ ;)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lovely piccies mate - thanks for sharing with us.

Certainly beats my day caring for the ill wife, looks like I`m making my first christmas dinner tomorrow anyway. Help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE