A sheath for body armour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
A friend is off to the sandpit in the New Year (why do they call it that?) and I have done a Lapplander 90 blade for him as a little backup.

It's just finished with black micarta handle - finished roughly for grip but the sheath was done so it could be worn as a belt or on the front of his armour, with the horizontal straps.

This is what I came up with - all colour choices are his BTW. The press stud is protected from coming undone by the leather strap and the strap can't pull out when the knife is in. It's wet moulded and held by another strap. I hope he'll have this after he rolls down a hill.:O

It's not the neatest job, but I'm quite happy with the fact it does the job. Damn tricky with all the crossovers.

Picture163.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Thanks for looking - tips to improve gratefully recieved.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nice one mate, refreshingly different, yet not outlandish. I'm sure he'll be please with that!

It's called 'The Sandpit' because it's snady and it's a pit. It actually hint's towards fun and games like you had as a kid in sandpit's, but, as much as there are game's, it's not much fun. That is, unless you wear a string of human ears around your neck! The 'Colonials' used to call it 'The Suck'. Pretty self explanitory that one.:rolleyes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looking good Dougster, a quality item as usual. I really do believe you are the most talented maker on here !! :D

Rich

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As I'm not really an expert on sheaths and knives I can't really make a comment except that it looks good, I would be happy to accept it if I was your mate. (I'm not saying I'm not your mate by the way!:D )

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I like the way you done the back of the sheaf.
Topknot.

Thank-you, it needs to go through fixed loops that can't be moved, the sheath has to part cos the sea ain't. I wanted to ensure the press stud wouldn't com open and leave him without the knife at an inopportune moment.

Now if you want to see amazing, have a look at Topknots stuff, or Rapidboys, or Leons , or Erics.

When I grow up I'd like to be half as good as any of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE