A pleasant disappointment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
No, not the rugby. It'll take me a while to get over that... :(

I went out to some local sites after watching the game, in order to refresh my spirits. Collected some lovely windfall pears, and loads of chestnuts. There's a site I've been visiting for about 2 years. It has paths, an unlocked access gate, signs asking dog walkers to keep dogs on a lead, and other signs saying it is a nature conservation area. I'd never seen anyone else there, as it is pretty rural, but assumed that it was public access.

Apparently not. I finally met the warden today, who informed me I was trespassing. He wasn't confrontational, and I was polite and apologised immediately. We ended up in a conversation and he said there had been a lot of poaching, hence his concern. He had no objections to me walking the site (I was looking for fungi and collecting chestnuts). Pleasant chap, and just proves what others have said about getting into polite discussions with people. If you are open and honest, no-one takes offence.

The disappointment was that I had hoped that I might be able to get camping permission in the wood, as it would have been perfect, but it seems there's no chance of that.

Oh well, there are other woods...

2sheds

May 19, 2011
down Gower
or build the relationship - if your prepared to run the risk of running into poachers (rather you than me) they may be happy to have some "overnight security"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE