A night out, near Alton- Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well my brother in law was running a trial survival weekend up near alton hampshire so i popped along to see what was up.. Got there in the rain, and guess what... it rained, and rained, and then when we packed up the next day, the sun came out!!

A few photos to follow and im already planning our next outing at the woodland to do some clearing in late Jan...

1.jpg

NomadCelt doing a little bit of fire lighting, considering the damp and the wet he did a fantastic job!

3.jpg

Dinner, fresh and ready for cooking! It tasted lovely, kebabed and stewed - Launditch1's grill featured.

4.jpg

Said Kebabs starting to cook, and some other "Meat" cooking!

5.jpg

NomadCelt and another enjoying the shelter from the rain!!

6.jpg

My Polish Lavvu tent and a glorious morning! Finally some sunshine! Note - Slugs love the inside when its wet!! :(

7.jpg

My UCO candle heater that really does keep the damp off, and keeps the Lavvu nice and toasty!

8.jpg

The picture is meant to show the amount of steam coming off the parachute shelter, not overly clear in this photo though.

9.jpg

A little Smokey, but a welcome breakie being prepared on the fire! :) Whilst others feasted on Ration packs, i cooked up a nice bacon, sausage and black pudding feast on the plate of my grill - thanks launditch1!!!

A good time had by all, and looking forward to another outing to the woodland in late January. I hope you enjoyed the limited comments and photos..

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like you had a good one Logit

Nigels' grill looks the dogs too, I think I'm going to treat myself after chrimbo.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Interested in the UCO candle heater - looks like the kind of thing I've been after.
Can you tell me a bit more about them, with a link to seller or something?
Cheers.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I've had a couple camping for years and found them great for heating the tent as well as light even walking about in the woods at night but then the candles were made in USA and burnt perfect right down to the end.The last batch of UCO candles I bought were made in china, and I've put a small "c",
they were not only rubbish they were dangerous the wicks were not down the center I don't think they were the right diameter for the wax and size they flared up wax dripped out of the lantern, had to soak in boiling water to get it all apart.I took them back to the shop to complain but the "Saturday" staff didn't know what I was on about and it just didn't seem worth the fuss for a couple of £, I sent UCO an e-mail but had no reply. I've gone back to using my Bushlite http://www.gardnertackle.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/pName/bushlite-candle-lamp same spring loaded action so you can walk about with no drips and takes ordinary house hold candles but then again some are better than others. Hope you have more luck but check the candles
cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE