A nice ellderberry spoon.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2012
essex
P8180250.jpg

P8180249.jpg

Just made this and gave it a coat of rapseed oil a couple hours ago, ellder can be a nice wood if cut from the right place :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sandpaper is cheating :D but woooo that is gorgeous. Nice work :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Liking that very nice, interesting colours.
Sanding ! our ancestors would have used it if it was available, probably made there own from sharp sand and some leather, did Michael Angelo go for a tooled finish, no he didn't.

Thumbs up to a little sanding.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Thanks guys, it came out nice and i like all the colours. Looks even better than the pictures.
In the old days they probably made some sanding pasted up on some leather and used that.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
There is no such thing as cheating, If you can make a usable spoon from a branch of a tree, its carving. I sand mine lots:D
nice spoon Phil.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Thank you all.
I am a stone mason by trade, not one of the people who work in a factory making all the fancy stuff, i work on site fitting it and do the less complex stonework. Thinking about it now i could of used stone for sanding, you can get some pretty gritty types of stone.
Been good fun making it i mite have to pick my self up a couple of carving knives.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE