A new type of spoon knife...

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Hello at first this might seem silly but he is the real deal. I think it's a great PR trick and I find it nice that he explains how he did it. I can recommend his other videos on youtube!
[video=youtube;c4oHzFNclzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4oHzFNclzQ[/video]

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Holy wee wee!!

I suppose the next thing we should ask is can he eat conrflakes with the spoon, or would that be too wisea$$?
Sure. Here is the aftershot

images

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
The straight razor community have very mixed feelings about this chap's methods to say the least(mainly negative)! Not that it matters, a shave is a shave but there's a big difference between a good shave and a normal shave and a bad shave. The referring to himself in third person really puts me off but fair play for using spoons and axes and similar though...

Last edited:

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
The straight razor community have very mixed feelings about this chap's methods to say the least(mainly negative)! Not that it matters, a shave is a shave but there's a big difference between a good shave and a normal shave and a bad shave. The referring to himself in third person really puts me off but fair play for using spoons and axes and similar though...
Yes but I gotta say I'm very impressed by the level of sharpness he can get by so simple means like in this video:
[video=youtube;ozZF2EgnYm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozZF2EgnYm0[/video]

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hmmm - sharp enough ... but unless you are so mean that you cut you loo roll in half would the blades be a little fragile for real work and in danger of chipping and rolling if you tried whittling a bit of seasoned hardwood?
I will stick with a wooden spoon, a knife that is sharp enought to feather newspaper - and a beard!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Ya there's no denying he's good, his approach just doesn't translate over to straight razors very well. It works fine on knives though and that's pretty much all that matters in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE