A Nestbox for Tengu

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Um, make that an `affordable` nestbox.

Im going to Uni, or not quite, to Truro. And Cornwall is expensive.

I could rent...but thats money down the drain

A morgage for me might be tricky

Is there any suggestions as to alternative ways of living? I need to be within 10 miles of Truro

Would a holiday home do? I will only be there part of the year.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tengu, to be honest renting is a part of life, especially if you're going somewhere for education, there's flat sharing, commuting, buying, or there's camping on a camp site, renting a yurt, taking your caravan and paying caravan fees for the time you're there. The only cheap/free option would be you working for someone for your rent or squatting and I really wouldn't do that if I were you.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Universities and colleges have accomodation blocks specifically for students, and some have accomodation intended more for mature students; that said, some of the latter is with private landlords who have a good working relationship with the Uni.

Contact the folks in Students Advice at the college/uni and ask them about accomodation provision. They will have the undoubted benefit of knowing the area and what is available, and ought to be able to give you some idea of normal costs, etc.,

atb,
M

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Hi Tengu, paying for a roof over your head is never money down the drain and if you don't enjoy where you rent you can easily move on after 6 months.

Alternatively have you looked at 'Diggers and Dreamers' a website of intentional communities around the UK. They have a list of communities open to new members. As an ex-communard I can recommend the lifestyle.

Best wishes

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Get a bigger car and find a quiet spot :D

consider that a telling off Tony:lmao:
Seriously though to me a roof is a roof,i owned my own property but due to financial reasons i had to give it up,im now renting and just as happy!
any upkeep is down to the lanlord not me.
Dont dismiss renting tengu.good luck.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My younger son and partner are on an extended trip and were very pleased to find a student as a live-in cat sitter while they are away.

Had you considered putting an advertisement in the local paper offering to house-sit? There must be plenty of second home owners who might be glad of a temporary tenant who could keep an eye on the property, either at a low rent or in exchange for some service.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE