A Moral Dilemma

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I don't think my having looked down the scope of a gun means you can't have similar feelings about not wanting to kill. The difference is one has killed but the other hasn't. But both are at the same point.

I personally hate taking the life of another living thing but I accept there are times you need to. I have a phobia of creepy crawlies. If one of the kind I have the worst fear of passes into my house or tent or tarp I have the need to kill it and remove it but there's a feeling of it being wrong. The only difference is your feelings are towards a generally cute and fluffy.

As a kid a used to fish on holiday with my dad. I ate what was caught but holding the dying fish in my hands as I took the hook out I still felt bad.

Not a shooter but still understand the ops feelings on this. I understood them before I even fished. It's a form of compassion I think people are born with but also develop.

I hope you find your solution.

Reactions: nigelp and CLEM

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
" Go ahead, make my day."
SquirrelGun-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TLM

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I can relate. Tricky one.

I think that as its a prolific invasive species that has no signs of abatement would aid my decision but I like you find the prospect of pulling the trigger as I get older less easy.

Maybe if you are accepting of that fact but don't wish to do the deed itself for personal reasons ( and I can understand why ) it would be worth advertising for someone to come in ( with suitable skill set ) and do the shooting for you.
Put out a contract on them and get a hit man!

• Haha
Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE