A little bit different...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
This is purely hypothetical as I believe it's illegal in this country, but...

I'm looking at making up a blow gun/pipe and obviously the natives that use this device in their own countries use frogs to make a suitable poison in order to stun/kill their pray. I believe they also use a plant called Curare which they squash the roots and boil down the juices to create a tar type stuff to tip their darts.

So question is, is there an equivalent plant that would be available in the UK to do the same job? I understand it's an alkali based plant...

As I said hypothetically :D

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
In all seriousness I didn't realise just owning one was illegal, I've been to places where they've been used and I nearly bought one as a souvenir, so if I had I'd have broken the law?!

Bit of an odd bit of kit to make illegal though...I mean I can understand the worst case, but if you're going to do that sort of thing then the law isn't exactly high on your list of priorities!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE