A Knife for BCUK members?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aliwren has it right - the knife stuart m and I do will be a collaborative design of a finished knife between Stu and I. Not an "official" knife - but a "group buy knife". The design for that is already virtually complete so there would be no point in seeking input now

Its always nice to see what other people come up with though and I see no reason why others couldn't do something similar (if Tony was hapy to allow it).

Red

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I personally wouldn't want to do a blade only offer - although its a good idea for those who would want one - maybe that's an idea you could work on michiel? I'm sure there's plenty of people who would make it for you.

Red

This it what i came up with today. Any tips about this one?

design7.jpg

Any info would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Michiel

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Only a thought, but there will be a wide range of preferred blade shapes and weights, and an even wider range of handle materials..
Would there be any use in getting an "official" BCUK engraving or etching of the logo for your own prefered knife blade?
Sort of, send your blade in and get it done, its sent back and you finish the knife off yourself?
As I said only an idea..

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
Thanks, the folders are quite strong with thick stainless or titanium liners, a beefy stainless pivot and stout blade, they are made for hard work.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
no-one has offered CAD drawing creation yet...

may I be the first to offer some help. As a professional Design Engineer, I can probably take most sketch / pdf / jpeg / bmp / whatever and create dwg / dxf / 3D cad files for laser cutting etc.

contact me by email - jensdom (at) hotmail (dot) com

cheers and good luck - sounds like a good plan

Dom.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Am I to understand that you don't think it's a viable idea Red?

I think its very viable to do group buys to a design. I did a number on my axe design. But my life has taken another turn and I don't have much time to spare these days.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've been thinking about a group buy folder for bcuk, the fixed blade went down the route of the knife with spyderco, although I've been wondering about a nice little bcuk knife on a limited run...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE