A guided walk Identifying plants, their uses and folklore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I manage a nature reserve on the Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border.

On the afternoon of the 3rd July, we are running a guided walk lead by Dr Philip Oswald. The walk will cover identification of some plants , their uses and the folklore surrounding them. Philip is incredibly knowledgeable and a very good speaker.

Places are limited so booking is essential :) If you are interested, please PM me for booking details. ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Fenlander I'd have loved to come on this walk with you, but it's just too far away for me.
D'you think you could maybe do a precis of the plants you come across and perhaps some potential uses, if you have the time?

Cheers,
Toddy

Jan 31, 2005
Germany
This sounds like a great day out. Wish it was a weekend later then I would be in Blighty and in the Cambs area but alas it is not meant to be!!!! As Toddy mentioned if you do have time for a precis I'm sure there would be loads of people interested. Me for one.
Enjoy your walk!!

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Hi Fenlander,

Only just noticed this thread. Was planning on going to Bradfield Woods this weekend anyway - just can't do Sunday :( Foiled again.

Am embarassed to say that even though I've lived only 5 miles away for the last 4 years I haven't been there yet. :eek: Have a good one.

Am taking this Monday off and will probably go there in the morning. Should be a good chance to practise my rubbish tracking skills - if I can't spot where a large group of people stood around for 10 mins pointing at things on the ground then I'll get my bushcraft coat. :rolleyes: (Or, given the recent 'green obsessed' thread, should that last bit read "I'll get my not very rustly green smock"...)

Rod

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
missy mycelium said:
This sounds like a great day out. Wish it was a weekend later then I would be in Blighty and in the Cambs area but alas it is not meant to be!!!! As Toddy mentioned if you do have time for a precis I'm sure there would be loads of people interested. Me for one.
Enjoy your walk!!
And me too :)

Rhodri said:
Hi Fenlander,

Only just noticed this thread. Was planning on going to Bradfield Woods this weekend anyway - just can't do Sunday :( Foiled again.

Am embarassed to say that even though I've lived only 5 miles away for the last 4 years I haven't been there yet. :eek: Have a good one.

Am taking this Monday off and will probably go there in the morning. Should be a good chance to practise my rubbish tracking skills - if I can't spot where a large group of people stood around for 10 mins pointing at things on the ground then I'll get my bushcraft coat. :rolleyes: (Or, given the recent 'green obsessed' thread, should that last bit read "I'll get my not very rustly green smock"...)

Rod

This walk isn't at Bradfield Woods :confused: though we will be there the following weekend......see East Anglia Group thread ;) so why not join us :D ?

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Doh! Got the two threads confused somewhere along the line. :eek:

Have to go to a wedding back 'home' in S Wales on the 9th-10th :( Limited opportunities these days what with a fun 18month-old and a wife who's very handy with our social calendar...

I appear destined never to actually meet anybody on here in person :rolleyes:

Cheers
Rod

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE