A free day of Bushcraft with Frontier Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I had an email from Frontier Bushcraft asking if I wanted a free day with them. Here's the vid

Highly recommend them. I learnt loads even as an intermediate certified instructor
An instructor there is our shaggystu from this parish

[video=youtube;4H1_-SgkeSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H1_-SgkeSM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Oh yes, I remember John mentioned it doing it last year... never knew by doing it that you gained a qualification to be an instructor though.

So if you pass the advanced does that make you an advanced level instructor as well?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh yeah. makes you do stuff instead of just surfing it. Advance stuff can be quite hard to complete as they want it. John Fenna was the 1st person to pass it in the world apparently ;)

Woo Hoo - I am an Advanced Bushcraft Instructor!
You know - I had missed that bit on BcUSA's Bushclass info!
I thought it was just for fun and to give a framework to hang your skills on...
Oh - I still cannot find that on the BcUSA site ... no mention of the cert qualifying anyone as an instructor. Oh Buttocks!

Still - I am pleased to have done the "award" it was fun (I have actually gone through the syllabus three times now just to hone things a bit...) now I am looking at other challenges - Oetzi, Dianiel Boone etc - I am also thinking of posing my own challenge to folks... a 100% DIY camp where all the gear you take has to have been made (or at least heavily modified or designed) by the challenger. I am talking about everything from your shoes and pack through to your flint and steel, knife, hat, billycan and underpants (if worn!).
I will try and formulate the rules soon!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No underpants? That makes you an advanced commando instructor too John. Congratulations on a fine qualification.

I gave that point as when I did a DIY trip before I realized that I had no DIY underpants.... I mean - how many folk make their own underwear?
Not that I can't - I have the skills - it is just that it never felt worth the effort!
Peacock's undies are cheap and comfortable.... hmm - that sounds strange but I blame the name of the shop....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE