A food safe glue that burns safely?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
What size do the tablets have to be out of curiosity.

You have silicone ice cube trays right up to muffin. How about old school flour and water glue?

Make solution, fill silicone with kitty sprinkles, add glue, leave for while.

They need to be about 13cm diameter I want a single charge to go in my MK2 wildstoves woodgas stove (it also serves to stop pellets falling through the holes in the bottom)

I've never had particularly good results with flour/water glue. It always ends up going mouldy in damp environments.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Whatever glue you use, isn't it going to fill up the gaps between the pellets and thus restrict airflow up thru' the fuel to where it's burning at the top?
With a (waxed) paper bag of pellets you could rip it open, tip the pellets in and then use the paper, scrunched up, as kindling to light the pellets.
Also think the tubular gauze thingy would just collapse into a sort of burnable beanbag.

Last edited:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Whatever glue you use, isn't it going to fill up the gaps between the pellets and thus restrict airflow up thru' the fuel to where it's burning at the top?
With a (waxed) paper bag of pellets you could rip it open, tip the pellets in and then use the paper, scrunched up, as kindling to light the pellets.

The pellets fall through the holes. A glue like PVA would be able to just coat the surface if the pellets are shaken in it and leave voids. Still think cotton tubular support bandages are my best bet if I can get them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE