A fight in the office..........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
There is a fight going on in the office this morning between Jamie and I.

Here is the argument;

There is a line from a film and it goes like this;

'Broadsword calling Dannyboy'......'Broadsword calling Dannyboy'

Now I reckon that it comes from the film Wild Geese with Richard Burton, Richard Harris and Roger Moore to mention just a few or it is from Where Eagles Dare.

Jamie reckons I am wrong and is getting rather arsey about it :eek:

Can anyone put him out of his misery.................before I do!!

Yours beggingly.

Jack.

J

Jamie

see, told you it wasnt the wild geese jack......nananananananana

J

Jamie

george said:
Of course in the Wild Geese they could have had a television on in the background in one of the scenes playing a re-run of "where eagles dare"....

George

George, now youre just being silly ;) I won and thats that!!!!! lol

J

Jamie

Now Jack is trying to say that Wild Geese was first released before Where Eagles Dare.......(wheres the forehead slap emoticon when you want it???)

Anyone want a business partner? Slightly used, but in decent enough nick....if you dont mind him being leathery etc

If there arent any takers here, might have to ebay him!

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
george said:
Of course in the Wild Geese they could have had a television on in the background in one of the scenes playing a re-run of "where eagles dare"....

George

The point that I was trying to make to Jamie was George could also be wrong because if a re-run of where eagles dare was playing in the background of Wild Geese then it would be difficult seeing that as Where Eagles Dare was made after Wild Geese so it would be impossible to have a re-run of Where Eagles Dare as it wasn't even made then.

J

Jamie

Jack said:
The point that I was trying to make to Jamie was George could also be wrong because if a re-run of where eagles dare was playing in the background of Wild Geese then it would be difficult seeing that as Where Eagles Dare was made after Wild Geese so it would be impossible to have a re-run of Where Eagles Dare as it wasn't even made then.

Jack, time to call it a day mate, George was trying to support your spurious and erroneous first statement...only for you to say the above......i dunno, what i have to put up with day in day out.............................

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Jack said:

Well in that case it is entirely possible that some of the actors in "the wild geese" were going to be trying out for parts in " where eagles dare" . In which case it is not outwith the bounds of possibility (though somewhat outwith the bounds of credibility) that a stray phrase or two has managed to work its way into the soundtrack of the wild geese.

Alternatively...Jack you're wrong...deal with it :)

George

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
george said:
Well in that case it is entirely possible that some of the actors in "the wild geese" were going to be trying out for parts in " where eagles dare" . In which case it is not outwith the bounds of possibility (though somewhat outwith the bounds of credibility) that a stray phrase or two has managed to work its way into the soundtrack of the wild geese.

Blimey, I reckon that is exactly how it happened.

Thanks for that George.

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Erm to save further embarrasment over future movie arguments may i suggest judicious use of IMDB

absoloutley definitive search options including movie plots and quotes

gord knows its been used a number of times to bring me down a peg or two when SWMBO needs to prove a point

( way OT i know but SWMBO has presented me with a dilema having just discovered what the acronym means she says she doesnt like it and would rather i didnt use it ?! open to suggestions as to how to solve this paradox?) :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
maverix said:
( way OT i know but SWMBO has presented me with a dilema having just discovered what the acronym means she says she doesnt like it and would rather i didnt use it ?! open to suggestions as to how to solve this paradox?) :D

Personally I always refer to the other half as HWMBLT...He who must be listened to....doesn't mean I have to *do* what I'm told though! :D
Cheers,
Toddy

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Toddy said:
Personally I always refer to the other half as HWMBLT...He who must be listened to....doesn't mean I have to *do* what I'm told though! :D
Cheers,
Toddy

Or what about "MLM" my little mill stone. :p

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
It always amuses me in Where Eagles Dare, you've got Richard Burton hunched over the radio, quickly half wispering "Broadsword calling Danny-boy", quite a bit of urgency in his voice. But, in the reaction shot back at HQ his voice is coming from the radio in his very best "Royal Shakespear Company" tone and enunciation! Continuity - pah!

I know, I need to get out more!

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
I was stuck in traffic listening to Radio 4,when someone did Burton saying this-made me laugh(is this what kicked off the workplace debate?).I always thought something was missing in Rays ' RealHeroes of Telemark,now I know what.

Make a great ringtone though.....

'ONLY A FOOL IS ASTONISHED BY THE FOOLISHNESS OF MANKIND'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE