a few survival whistles i just finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
i had a few empty 5.56cal bullet cases and seen some converted to whistles so thought id have a go my self. the reed is made from old rimfire cases with a flattened section of rimfire case soldered on to cover half the hole you blow through. very loud and shrill! gave the neighbors grief all day yesterday testing them

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh I like those. I currently use a Fox40 whistle and one made out of a red deer antler that the dog seemed to respond to well, but |I like the look of yours. Call me stealthy :rolleyes: but I especially like the three dark ones on the far right.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Dayum, very cool! Have you compared them to any premade whistles, loudness weight etc?

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Dayum, very cool! Have you compared them to any premade whistles, loudness weight etc?

no not compared them side by side to anything else yet but weight is negligible really and they are quite loud... loud enough to set the dogs barking around the whole village!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE